Bozeman, Montana January 25th -27th 2018 – Baker auctioneer J.K. Kinsey, of Kinsey Auctioneers & Real Estate, recently scored a huge success at the 2018 Montana Auctioneers Convention Marketing Competition.
The 2018 Montana Auctioneers Association Marketing Competition was held this past weekend in conjunction with the MAA annual convention in Bozeman, Montana. Auction professionals from across the state submitted their best auction marketing from 2017 in five different categories. Color Brochure - Poster, Postcard, Black & White News Paper Ad, Company Brochure and Digital Website.
Five professional judges placed Kinsey Auctioneers & Real Estate 1st place in three of the five divisions. 1st place in the Postcard Division, 1st place Black & White News Paper Ad Division and 1st place Company Brochure Division.
Top 10 things a seller can do before selling their equipment to get the best results .
1. Cleaning equipment. Take the time to detail equipment. Start by power washing the grease off the unit, vacuum, clean inside with a rag and clean windshield. Some auction companies will provide this service for you .
2. Replace worn tires
3. Repair any mechanical issues which will yield maximum return on investment.
4. Maintain equipment on a consistent basis while you own the equipment. Regular oil changes. Keep records of oil changes and have them available for potential buyers to view of each machine.
5. Keep equipment stored inside. Years of equipment being stored in the elements of nature can decrease the value to your equipment. Find a covered storage area to protect your equipment from the elements.
6. Remove equipment from building when your auction representative comes to photograph equipment for sale.
7. For pull type equipment that has been stored outside, pull the unit into a clean area that is weed free to take photographs.
8. If you have older equipment in running condition. Replace batteries if needed so unit will start when a potential buyer comes to view the machine.
9. Have the equipment running on preview days for potential buyers to view
10. Be courteous and helpful when potential buyer's request information about your equipment.